Monday 10 September 2012

Developing my 3D image


In class with our teacher we did she exercises where she got us to do 4 quick 5 minute drawings of what our 3D images could look like. Her are mine...


For my first drawing i decided to develop my Repetition image - i decided to draw and see what it would look like if the rectanglur bar i had used to 'connect' the floating plates to each other in the previous project went all the way through the plates. Making it all one piece. This is as far as i got in 5 minutes....



Next i decided to pull the rectangular shapes apart as more into a floating idea again. I used the shape long rectangle shape from before and still in the middle. I explored placing the smaller rectangle shapes around this.

I then decided to bring in my figure ground image - i drew this as it was before and decided to explore the idea of the small rectangle shapes from my repetition image into a star shaped image on the top. This is as far as i got...

I then drew two of my figure ground shapes and pulled the small rectangle shapes apart again. I made them look as though they were coming out of the middle of the two figure ground images. I felt as though they were looking a little like crystals now..

I went back to the star shaped idea on top of the block image but placed them so the small rectangles were their own pieces. As though they were orbiting around in a circle...

I decided to move away from my figure ground Image and went back to my repetition one. With it all one joined image i then added in the smaller rectangles same as above. I added a small sphere shape in the centre and drew two of these images. I really like where this is going but i feel as though it is looking a little like a wind mill. I think I'm going to develop this idea into GoogleSketchup and see where it can take me.

No comments:

Post a Comment